Tuesday 19 May 2015

9 days on water ..

Last day of my water challenge tomorrow, and still no-one brave enough to join me on it.  I went to a party at the weekend and purchased 5 bottles of still water over the course of the day!  Today I've developed a cough and a bit of a cold, so much for the detox.  Looking forward to squash and hot chocolate again.

I completed my salad growing challenge, two nights of cress with my salad.  The radishes are well under way and I have shoots of spring onion, let's hope they are edible too.

The books have come along nicely, Last term at Malory Towers completed, and for something completely different, the Running Man too.  I think I read that one in my late teens.  I've put out a plea for kids books as I've run out again, about to embark on another Stephen King.  He was my favourite as a teen along with James Herbert and Shaun Hutson, pretty gruesome tastes in my youth!

I finally finished listening to my 40 tracks to celebrate my 40 years the other evening, took nearly 3 hours and bought back some memories, my first record in Virgin Megastore in Birmingham, my best friend who died when we were in sixth form (she had a huge influence on my music tastes), and my wedding day too, to name just a few.

The walking has been going really well.  Last week's walking group chalked up 5.2 miles.  Just thinking back to when chemo had me at my worst I could even walk to the end of my road without feeling completely exhausted.  You don't realise how ill the treatment actually made you until you look back.  There was a short time I wasn't even left alone after blacking out one evening when sat at the dinner table.

I've noticed that my views have been dropping recently, I'm hoping the novelty isn't wearing off too much with my challenges.  It certainly isn't for me.  I've really enjoyed every moment (olives and marmite aside) of these challenges.  They've help me appreciate how lucky I actually am to be reaching this 5 year landmark.  It has also helped me see the best side of human nature.  So many people have supported me throughout the journey, and given so generously.

My final challenge which I'm hoping to finalise soon will be a party / get together in the final few weeks leading up to my birthday, at the centre.  Look out for invites!  I'm hoping to get together as many of the people who I can who've been involved in one way or another with my 40 before 40.  Just in case the guest list gets too big, I might bore you with photos / slideshows of my challenges!
I have a facebook page dedicated to my challenges

https://www.facebook.com/LouiseVernon4040

Feel free to share, comment, add suggestions on what you'd like to read about on my blog etc.
Just under £90 to reach £1000.  Keep reading and sharing and drinking water if you're brave enough!

https://www.justgiving.com/Louisevernon4040/



No comments:

Post a Comment