Friday 3 July 2015

Busy Times

I have 5 minutes to catch my breath to update you all before my next challenge hopefully is completed in about 12 hours time.

This time last week I was terrified at the thought of a climbing wall, this week it's a school summer fayre that I've organised going wrong that I dread!

The rock wall climb was an amazing experience.  I did not fear the height itself, just the physical limitations of my own body.  I felt safe in the harness, just found it immensely difficult to pull or push myself up that wall, but I did it on the third attempt, even if it was the easiest wall in the building.  The satisfaction of climbing the 20ft wall and giving a thumbs up at the top was huge!
Me finally climbing to the top of the wall after the 3rd attempt!

Pleased with myself!

Me and Samuel overcame our fears and did it!

Julia was a natural on the wall.  We were diagnosed 6 months apart and have known each other since our daughters went to nursery and school together.

The whole team who took part in the challenge.  All of us connected by cancer or other serious illness in some way or another, a real inspirational bunch of people I climbed with.


Tomorrow is the turn of the school summer fayre, my last as a parent, and a day I didn't think I'd see when I got my diagnosis.  I never thought back in 2010 that I'd see both of my kids finish primary school, so I'm going into the final few weeks with a real roller coaster of emotions.  Cancer might be 4 years behind me, but there are certain triggers and I'm an emotional wreck, school masses being one of them.
On the lighter side of things with the hours I've put in over the last week or so organising the fayre my 40 hours of volunteering is within reach of being hit if not this weekend then very soon.  I'm also hoping for lots of wet sponges and some more money in the tin too.  I'm so close to £1200, nearly 3 times my original target, and the amount of people who've liked my photos or have asked about my challenges has been amazing.  I think I might have made just a small difference in raising money and awareness in the process.
I will be sad when my challenges have come to an end.  I've experienced so many new things, and had so much fun on the way.  I suppose I'll just have to sit back and enjoy my birthday in November, and look back with pride at what has been achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment