Monday 6 July 2015

Water Water

On a day where I was supposed to be celebrating another challenge completed I was left with mixed emotions.  Whilst I was standing on a field getting sponges and buckets of water thrown over me, unbeknown to me volunteers were frantically mopping up a flood that had swept through the centre after overnight storms.  The spirit of the Centre however will not be quelled by water, neither will my enthusiasm which has propelled me through these challenges.  The flood drives us on to make our centre better than it was before, but also shows the need even more urgently for funding.

I got just a little wet, and raised another few quid in the process.  I have to say I rather enjoyed my soaking!

Today also saw me chalking off the last few minutes of my 40 hours of volunteering, with the last bit of tidying and clearing away from the school summer fayre.  That makes my tally up to 31 challenges completed, with the next 2 coming up before the end of the month.

I am hoping to get my son's scout pack involved in a sponsored swim in the weeks leading up to my birthday, with a party / event at the centre to be the finale of my fundraising.

I started my blog tonight with water and have ended on water.  With this I leave you with an inspirational quote for the day!

"Be a rainbow in someone's cloud"

No comments:

Post a Comment