Thursday 8 October 2015

Final challenge

On Monday this week 14 cubs and scouts including my son took part in a sponsored swim, with half of the proceeds going to the Tamworth Wellbeing and Cancer Support Centre, my charity!  I visited them a few weeks ago to talk about the charity and a little about my experiences, and sat poolside on Monday helping to count the lengths swam.  It was an enjoyable experience working with kids to raise awareness about what we do.  This last challenge wasn't designed to bring in hundreds of pounds for my final total, but was to encourage greater community involvement hopefully inspiring children from a young age to get involved in charity work.  There are some shining examples of young adults and children who've been amazing inspirational role models for their respective charities, who've achieved far more than I ever will be able to, some who've sadly left us behind at far too young an age.  Hopefully we can all reach out to others and all do our bit to help someone else.

These 40 challenges have shown me a wonderful side of other people.  People keep telling me that I inspire them, but it's the reaction that I get that inspires me.  I cannot thank enough the total stranger to me who got me up a climbing wall!  The volunteers at the centre have supported me with all the hair brain plans I've had, including this weekend's party.  My own family have done lots too donating auction prizes, taking part in challenges with me, or just putting up with all the randomness that my ideas for challenges bring with them!
Finally I mustn't forget each and every one of you who's read my blog, shared my posts or put a few quid in the pot.  You keep me going!

I now enter into my last few weeks at being in my 30's and I do not fear being 40 at all.  I've accomplished such a lot, and have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment