Saturday 11 April 2015

£400 and counting

What a busy few days!
Last night was the end of my auction, and it went with a flurry of activity.  If everyone who bids pays I will have raised over £150 with the items sold.  The matchball donated by Tamworth FC went for a cracking £30.
Today we ran our first Family First day at the Centre.  I organised it but had a great team around me doing all the work.  The idea behind it all being that we would create a fun, relaxing environment and a release for families dealing with or having gone through some traumatic circumstances.  We had a visit from the mayor and lots of activities for adults and children alike to have a go at.  The day proved a great success in many ways, including on the challenge front.  It chalked off another 5 and a half hours from my volunteering target, plus I managed to add a table top jewellery sale and a Grand National sweep to the list of challenges completed with another £38 and £28 respectively added to the total, which now currently stands at a whopping £540!!

Today also marked day 40 of the fitness challenge.  I decided to finish with a little public skipping!

The day was not all about my targets though. Today I met and talked to people who have gone through some really tragic and difficult times. If what we can do through fundraising and holding events like this can help them get through and find some happiness, no price or value can be put on this.  My cancer was sent to challenge me, and I've taken the challenge head on and hopefully made a difference.  Some people still face the battle and pain of cancer every day, and I do these challenges for them.  Many people are no longer with us because cancer took them too soon, again I remember them in everything I do.

On a lighter note, to finish the evening we had a little tea with a few luxury niceties to sample including the really unusual but tasty curry cheese, pepper and chilli   chutney and  proscuitto.  That's 19 out of 40 foods and drinks tried, the second half is going to be harder to complete.  I'm now a regular kale eater thanks to the challenges, added to my broccoli every Sunday lunch.

 13 challenges completed and my fundraising target hammered.  I'm not sure which fundraising target to aim for next.  Thanks for following my incredible journey towards 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment