Saturday 7 March 2015

Challenge 12 plenty of support but no more cash

Keeping track of all my challenges is hard work, so many things on the go at the same time!  If I've got no chance, then there's not much hope for you all reading the blog.  Once I start completing some I'll have to publish a more detailed list.

So onto challenge 12, thought of in the shower this morning, where I often get my inspirational moments!  I must spend too long in there.  I know where my daughter gets it from.  Anyway, I've decided to read 40 books from my childhood.  They will be a mix of books from my early childhood back in primary school, to the rather longer adult books that I read in my teens, including a few from my GCSE days if I can find and remember them all.  My inspiration came from my son dressing up as Edmund from the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe on world book day.  I haven't read the Chronicles of Narnia in a long time, so it got me thinking.  Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton will appear in my list, as it would many children who grew up in the 70s.  I started this afternoon on Roald Dahl.
James and the Giant Peach was first.  I actually went and joined the library today and came back with this, hoping for some more inspiration.  An hour later I was completed.   I never liked it much as a kid, and I wasn't that impressed as an adult.  I have to say I had no recollection of most of the story as I read it, it obviously did not leave lasting memories.  I then went on to the Magic Finger and George's Marvelous Medicine.   How short are they?!  I loved George's Marvelous Medicine as a kid, and reading it today it still had some of it's appeal as it did then.

I added 2 more selfies to the collection, neither of them flattering in the least.  Selfie 3 is me mid leg pressing in the park doing my fitness challenge for today.  Selfie 4 taken as I was about to embark on book one.


I checked on the shares for my original photo, up to 127 from my page so that's brilliant. Unfortunately no more money has come in the last few days, so please spread the word.
I'm having great fun doing the challenges, but what I need more than anything is money being donated to the Tamworth Wellbeing and Cancer Support Centre.  It's a small place that relies on the fundraising we do.  Help me reach £400 and make a difference to the lives of others in Tamworth and surrounding areas.
You can text LVLV75 £1 to 70070
That's just £1 people.
Thanks again for reading and showing your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment