Monday 9 March 2015

Finally completed a challenge!

Challenge 13
I set myself the task of finding 50 photos I've taken since my diagnosis that reflected on my experiences of my travel in Britain.

After discovering I had breast cancer, I had to cancel a holiday I'd booked for the following summer to Turkey for my husband's 40th birthday celebration.  This whole process was very traumatic.  The holiday company refused to refund my £600 deposit or even give it to MacMillan their chosen charity of the year.  After all of this I vowed never to travel with a big tour operator abroad again.  I have not renewed my passport, but have instead tried to visit and experience the wealth that the UK has to offer.  I have not regretted this one bit, and as a family we've had some wonderful experiences.

The photos I chose are not to reflect my family holidays as such but to capture some images that I feel reflect Britain.  I've been lucky enough to go to both the paralympic games in 2012 and the commonwealth games last year.
I hope you enjoy my pictures as much as I did taking and choosing them!








































No comments:

Post a Comment