Saturday 21 March 2015

The Centre relaunch and challenge progress

Today the Tamworth Wellbeing and Cancer Support Centre had it's official relaunch and I was in my element with my camera.

Me and my husband did our shirt swap in a very public launch.  I may have even kissed the badge on the Villa shirt.  I had lots of selfies, with the mayor and local MP in the process.  It was a great day to see the start of a great future hopefully for the centre, with our financial support it can go from strength to strength.

This is another challenge completed, plus a lot more awareness of my challenges.  The money is coming in nicely now up to £220, and once the auctions are completed I will be much closer to £400 target I have set.

I must thank Tamworth FC for their donation of a signed football, bidding is up to £20 already.

New foods tried today :- Marmite - two bites, this stuff has to be the most disgusting thing ever tasted.
Marmalade - much more palatable
Dates and tamarind - very similar in taste, bit curranty but again palatable.

I had great fun taking selfies for the solar eclipse yesterday, so I'm well past half way on this.

I'm off to London next week, so loads of opportunities for new challenges.

www.facebook.com/twcsc1
check out the facebook page, where you will find albums on the centre relaunch, my selfies and the auction.

www.justgiving.com/Louisevernon4040

if you still haven't donated yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment