Tuesday 3 March 2015

First Challenge Louise's 40 Before 40

I've set myself the target to complete 40 challenges before I hit 40.  This is challenge number one, create and publish my own blog.  So here goes:-

I'm hoping that my first foray into blogging might reach more than just my Facebook friends, so please excuse me those who know me well as I share what my aim is all about.

Don't switch off just, it gets better soon (I hope)

My story so far ...

Back in October 2010, my husband's 39th birthday to be precise, I found a lump in my breast.  Me the eternal pessimist feared the worst, but everyone around me told me everything will be fine, it's just a cyst.  Just days before my 35th birthday I was told I had triple negative breast cancer, a very aggressive form of breast cancer.  I may later go into more detail about the roller coaster ride of treatment, which had many more downs than ups, finally finished treatment in September 2011.

This is me waiting for my last radiotherapy, my hair growing back after 10 lots of chemotherapy and a mastectomy, at the end of a grueling journey.

During this time I found a local cancer centre, now known as the Tamworth Wellbeing and Cancer Support Centre.  I can't begin to say how this place helped make a difference to my life during the cancer journey.  With the support of the centre and my wonderful family and friends I came through what can be best described as the most horrific experience I could put the people I love through.

In November I will celebrate my 40th birthday a day I thought I'd never see back in November 2010, when statistically 1 in 5 triple negatives die within 5 years.

To celebrate I aim to complete 40 challenges to try and make a difference to other people's lives, giving something back in celebration of my life, and maybe inspiring others on the way?!

Please join me in supporting my 40 before 40 challenges!

This follows onto my second challenge.  I hope this blog will make 40 people who I don't already know think about just sparing £1 to help people cope with the burden of cancer and other serious illnesses.  Here is my just giving page.  Please have a look and give it a share.

https://www.justgiving.com/Louisevernon4040

No comments:

Post a Comment