Friday 6 March 2015

I'm so proud

Someone posted today on my justgiving page to say they were hooked on my blog.  You don't know how much this means to me.  Making a difference even to just one person shows that what I'm doing is worth it.

Today has been a busy day again with my challenges.  I'm up to day 4 of my fitness challenge, so after walking the school run yesterday, we both biked it today.  I also did a few odd jobs around the town so probably did about six miles in total.  I'm not planning to break any records with this challenge, just do a small amount of exercise every day!


The challenge ideas are coming in thick and fast.  I've got spreadsheets, documents and folders to keep track of them all now!
So challenge 7, 40 photos was my idea, 40 selfies were suggested by friends as I'm always behind the camera.  You'll be sick of my face after this.  Here goes selfie 1 and 2.  The first of many unflattering ones from my mobile sat on my bike ready for a day's action.  Selfie 2 involved a proper camera on a timer with tripod.  I thought this challenge needed to show what my challenges were all about.  This  photo was taken at the centre this morning with a handful of volunteers that I managed to rope in for a picture!



Challenge 8 I'm starting tonight with 40 years of film.  I'm planning to watch in order a film from each year of my life, so going back all the way to 1975 it has to be Jaws.
Plenty of suggestions are being sent in for each year, I've declined Star Wars much to my husband's disgust!  I'm looking forward to Close Encounters soon instead.

Challenge 9, I may need some friends help too.  I'm planning to eat 40 foods I've never tried before.  I've had quite limited tastes so some of the items may come as a shock to you when they appear on the list.  First will be roasted butternut squash with my Sunday lunch.  I'm looking for a friend with Marmite, as I can't bring myself to buy and entire jar!

Challenge 10 will take place at the centre relaunch in a few weeks.  My husband and I will do a public football shirt swap.  He'll wear a Birmingham City top and me his Aston Villa top, and the photos will be displayed on the centre facebook page for all to see!

Challenge 11, I said they were coming thick and fast, is to grow and eat my own food!  I've never done this before so it is a real challenge.  Cress is top of my list, as even kids can't go wrong with this!  Photos will follow!

My sister has also challenged me to climb Snowdon, so watch this space in the summer!
I think that rounds up today, busy, busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment