Thursday 26 March 2015

Wigan Warriors Welcome!

If you are reading this blog as a Wigan Warriors fan then I have made it into your match day programme!
I thank you for taking the time to read this.

You can follow my story from my previous blogs, detailing the story of how I almost 5 years ago got the devastating news that I had an aggressive form of breast cancer just days before my 35th birthday.

I am trying to raise awareness of the charity I support as well as get people involved in challenges.

You may wonder why I chose Wigan Warriors.  Well my sister lives just a few miles down the road in Hindley.   She has been a big supporter of the Tamworth Wellbeing and Cancer Support Centre helping to raise money even though we are almost 100 miles away.  My family along with the charity were there for me even during the darkest days of treatment.  My sister often would dash down the M6 at the drop of a hat when help was needed.  It therefore seemed logical as one of my challenges was to spectate at a sport I've never seen before to choose Wigan Warriors.
I'll be brutally honest I know very little about rugby league, other than seeing the odd game on TV.  The first thing I did was go onto the club website to checkout the team colours for the match!
I am looking forward to the match, where I'll bring my husband and son, as well as my 5 year old nephew, the only local amongst us to his first ever sporting event of any kind!

Now I need your help to complete some of the other challenges.  If you could post selfies for me at the ground or in your kit that would be great and tweet them to @louise_vernon.

If you have a £1or £2 to spare you could fulfill another challenge of getting 40 people who do not know me to sponsor me.



Or text 

LVLV75 £1 to 70070

thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment